打印

[歡迎討論→] 為什麼不賣薩氏巨蜥?<極血腥,不喜勿入>

為什麼不賣薩氏巨蜥?<極血腥,不喜勿入>

薩氏為巨蜥市場上極為美麗且吸引人的物種,但卻並不適合私人或是未受過專業訓練下的玩家飼養。
牠們有長嘴和長且尖的牙並具有比其他巨蜥還要高的智慧(筆者認為)
當牠在籠內看人時,會有令你毛骨悚然的感覺。就像是在思考什麼。
雖然這樣講太神話了牠們,但是他們卻常給你這種感覺!!!!
Why don't you sell Croc Monitors?  
We have in the past, but not for many years.
No question Croc Monitors are one of the most intriguing and beautiful monitors, but they are also the most inappropriate for captive situations.
Croc Monitors have Raptor like claws, and loooong sharp teeth. They seem to be more thoughtful and intelligent than other monitors, and they can give you the creeps when they stare at you from the cage, almost like they are thinking something devious. That is anthropomorphic, and wrong, but that is the FEELING they often give you : )

薩氏巨蜥是目前世界上最長的蜥蜴,雖然不是最大的
力量為大巨蜥當中最弱的,但卻絕對足夠!!!!
而不適合飼養也是因為牠們去有潛在的危險。
而這樣的危險遠完全為不同程度的危險遠超過其他巨蜥所造成的。
Crocs are perhaps the LONGEST monitors in the world, with the super long tail. They are not the biggest monitors, body wise they are on the small end of the large monitors, but absolutely a handful.
So why do they make for poor captives? POTENTIAL FOR DAMAGE. The potential for significant damage with Croc Monitors is on an entirely different level than it is for any of the other large captive monitors.

我看過成體的水巨和黑喉的咬傷情況,瘀傷出血甚至是手指、手的地方的骨折,癒後都還算ok
薩氏巨蜥除了流血外還有肌肉神經肌腱等方面的傷害,這樣的狀況發生在多位飼養薩氏的飼主身上
厲害且有經驗的玩家也有措手不及的時候
I have seen bites from full size Waters or Blackthroats. No fun for sure. There can be bruising, blood, and even a broken bone if you get a finger or hand in there. But it heals ok.
The Croc Monitor bites i have seen are bloody, but also include muscle, nerve and tendon damage. This has happened to multiple keepers. Good, experienced keepers, just caught off guard one day.

一位擁有個性平穩且"高度馴化"年幼隡氏的飼育家,有天只是想要從飼養槽拿水盆出來,就像每天所做的一樣,只是稍微被蜥蜴咬到然後放開,但卻造成了前臂撕裂傷。為了避免傷口感,醫生清理傷口後讓傷口變成開放性傷口,就是讓他的肌肉神經肌腱開放,只有用紗布覆蓋,這件事情只是因換水盆簡單的動作導致,潛在的危險真令人害怕

One keeper had a juvenile Croc Monitor in a stock tank. Very cool animal, not flighty or high strung. "Tame". Care was easy enough. Then one day just reaching in for the water bowl, like he does every day, he got a quick strike and release. Tore up his forearm. In fact, because of the damage and worry of infection, the doctor cleaned the wound, but left it splayed open, only covered with a bandage. For a week. He was left with muscle, nerve, and tendon damage. And all from changing the water bowl of a very "tame" animal. The potential is scary.  

並造成另一位飼育者頭上12真的縫合,和拇指再也無法正常活動
有須多成功飼育薩氏的人都面臨到一個問題: 誰可以讓我賣掉這些薩氏baby ?? 大部分的時候。答案是沒人。
像是PE(PRO EXOTIC),他們並不想碰到這樣的災難,而實際上並沒人繁殖人工的薩氏,因為他們大多來自野生環境進口,但卻讓狀況更為危險。
他們真的是很美的動物,建議去動物園看牠們了解牠們,但不要自己惹禍上身。
Other keepers get dozens of stitches in their head, or have a thumb that doesn't work well anymore...
There are breeders that have had captive success with the Croc Monitors, but then they are faced with the question- "Who can i responsibly sell these babies too?". For the most part, the answer is no one. Like PE, they just don't want that potential catastrophe hanging over their heads. And so you see virtually no domestic breeders producing captive Croc Monitors. There are plenty of wild caught and imported Croc Monitors available, but that only makes the situation worse.
Croc Monitors are an unbelievable display animal. Go to a great zoo and check them out, but don't dabble in the danger yourself. We don't.

"tame" Croc Monitor head damage

"tame" Croc Monitor hand damage

another pic submission of Croc Monitor damage. these pic visuals are something else!

....an excerpt from a Monitor forum post at kingsnake.com by Rob Carmichael of The Wildlife Discovery Center-

The Croc monitor poses, in my opinion, more cause for concern (when compared to other easily obtained monitors) due to their behavior. We experienced this first hand at my facility. Two years ago, one of my animal keepers was giving our croc monitor (a YOUNG male at only 7') it's daily warm shower. He took his eyes off the lizard for a split moment and the croc must have seen some fingers moving around on the spray nozzle. He came over and just nipped and let go in a millisecond. I heard a blood curdling scream and ran over only to see blood splattered on the glass, the floor, everywhere. This little nip just about severed off one of the fingers of my staff. He went through 4 hours of intensive surgery and has a very nice scar to this day and has never regained fully feeling and mobility in that finger. Just something to think about before making a mistake
本帖最近評分記錄
  • aup3gjcl6 積分 +3 好! 2012-2-25 13:36
  • Grad 積分 +10 精品文章 2007-11-7 00:57
  • 阿弦 積分 +10 我很贊同 2007-11-6 19:26
  • 小楊子 積分 +30 精品文章 2007-11-6 15:29

這篇文章還不錯啊  值得大家深省 其實有錢要弄到薩氏是不困難   但是還是要衡量一下危險性

嗯...不要忽略任何一種野生動物或昆蟲的野性...牠並不想傷害你而那也只是牠的天性...謝謝提醒!

以前的我真的是笨笨的  看到薩氏只覺得真是美
超長的頭部跟尾巴  又長又大的爪子  黑色身體上像繁星點綴的黃點
總是想著也許我能養看看
在某次桃園龜聚曾有幸上手過一頭  真是美呆了
但是回家查薩氏的資料後就被這類照片嚇呆了...
幾乎都皮開(皮真的都很開)肉綻  鮮血直流
我居然敢把電鋸殺人魔抓上手...  後來就不敢了
之後也被大草巨大澤巨砂巨粗脖尼羅咬傷  但是我相信這都是小傷
之前都把那些照片存下提醒自己  但是電腦之前掛了
只能幫補一張薩氏咬的大腿內側...

好可怕~!!
傷口怎麼會這麼大阿~!!!